Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapters 3 and 4 in the required textbook, Operations and Supply Chain Management. In addition, review the Walmart (Links to an external site.) website.
In retail, point of sale capability is directly tied to factories and supplier cooperation. For example, Walmart’s trucking and GPS, cross-dock warehouse load and unload operations, and RFID enable their supply chain to be fast and on-time (i.e., reliable). Outsourcing and supplier discounts for huge order sizes give Walmart much power in the global supply chains. Competitors such as Target, Safeway, and Costco have copied many of their methods and practices, so Walmart’s competitive advantage has diminished.
Using Walmart’s case as an example, select another company, and review their competitive advantage. How does the company use the competitive priority cost to its competitive advantage? Research, then explain, and provide examples.
In your paper,
- Research how your selected company uses the competitive priority cost to its competitive advantage.
- Explain your company’s priority cost as a strategic advantage.
- Provide examples from your selected company.
The An Organization’s Competitive Advantage paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted