help with research paper on cellulitis
BCCC – Bio 202 A & P I Lecture
Research Paper Assignment – 40 points (see rubric for details)
Topic approval due date: Check course schedule
Paper Due Date: Check course schedule
• Research paper topic MUST be prior approved by your instructor by due date.
• Late approvals attract penalty points (-2 pts) and submissions (-2 pts/day late)
• Research papers USED in ANY other semester/course within or outside the
college CANNOT BE SUBMITTED FOR GRADING, Turnitin will Flag it for
plagiarism even though its your own work, as ONE paper cannot be USED more
➢ Write up 4 pages max (Plus 1 Cover Pg and 1 Reference Pg.) Total 6 pages.
➢ Spacing of 1 or 1.5, font size 11 or 12, margins 1” all round.
➢ Use APA format for references, there are instructions in the College Library for your
➢ Direct quotations MUST be LESS than 10% of your paper even if correctly cited.
➢ Research must include at LEAST 6 different reliable, scientific sources
➢ NO Abstract, table of contents or running head required for this paper
➢ Submit your paper on Canvas in the Assignment tab for Plagiarism assessment on
‘Turnitin’ it should not be over 18% matching. If > 18% your paper will be returned
as plagiarized WITH ZERO SCORE.
➢ DO NOT send by email to your instructor, it will not be graded.
You are required to write a critical analysis of the disease of your choice.
Included in this analysis, you will need to explain how the disease you chose
affects the various body systems where relevant.
The following relevant and concise information must (if pertinent) be included in your
write up. Topic selection is within the systems being covered in the course
▪ Name of disease
▪ History of the disease / Demographic Data: Age, sex, race distribution in population.
▪ Description of disease
▪ Anatomy of the system(s) involved
▪ Effects on other body systems
▪ Cause of disease
▪ Signs and symptoms
▪ Diagnosis of the disease
▪ Complications, if any
▪ Treatment and side effects
Conclusion should include the following:
▪ Brief mention of current or proposed research that may significantly impact the
▪ Prevention strategies if any
▪ Your insight / opinion
NOTE: you must focus on the anatomy & physiology of the disease/disorder. Cover
the normal anatomy & physiology of the organ system affected and then state what the
disease/disorder does to this organ system, and other organ systems. In other words, if
you are picking meningitis, I do not want you to go too much in detail about the
bacteria that causes it but how the bacteria escapes our body’s defenses and what the
bacteria does to other tissues. Also note this is NOT a clinical paper on the disease.
Suggested Topics for the Paper: (Obtain Instructor’s approval of your topic)
Below listed systems are covered in Bio 202, so topic selection MUST be within these systems.
1. The Cell Membrane/physiology: Cystic Fibrosis and other membrane related disorders.
2. Integumentary System / Skin: common diseases, disorders and pathologies of skin including
3. Bone: common diseases, disorders and pathologies of bone
4. Joints: common diseases and disorders e.g. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Etc.
5. Muscle Tissue:
• Skeletal – neuromuscular junction, action of blocking agents at NMJ
6. Endocrine – System: common diseases, disorders and syndromes
7. Nervous System: System: common diseases, disorders and syndromes
• Spinal Cord
• Autonomic Nervous System
8. General Senses
9. Special Senses:
• Eye: common refractive errors, diseases and disorders including causes of blindness
• Ear: common hearing disorders, including causes of deafness
10. Any tropical disease related to the above systems
• Your topic for research paper must be approved by the instructor before submission,
send an email request and get approval.
• ONLY ONE DISEASE PER STUDENT, so send in your requests early to get your
choice. IT is FIRST COME FIRST APPROVED.
• If you wish to cover a disorder/ disease that is not on this list, email the instructor for