READING FOR WEEK
Palmer, I., Dunford, R., & Buchanan, D. (2022).
Managing organizational change: A multiple perspectives approach
. McGraw-Hill Education.
· Chapter 6: Purpose and Vision
· Chapter 10: Change Management Perspectives
Locate one scholarly article that discusses vision in relation to specific companies going through organizational change. The change could be growth, decline, or some form of restructuring. Select a company that is featured in the article, and go to that company’s website to view the vision statement for the organization. Using the vision statement of your chosen company, discuss the following points:
· Evaluate the article and describe the current vision statement and the change occurring within the organization.
· Does the vision statement meet the challenges of the overall change initiative?
· Possible revisions that could be made to the vision statement to meet the image of the organization after changes have been implemented.
Büchel, B., & Moss, I. (2007).
Using facilitation to drive change: The change leader’s guide (Links to an external site.)
. Perspectives for Managers, (150), 1-4. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
· This article uses groups to facilitate change and provides a dialog for planning, guiding, and follow-up to change. It also entails a discussion on the importance of a strong change facilitator.
Center for Creative Leadership. (n.d.).
How to transition through change. (Links to an external site.)
· This article takes a look at leadership skills and the importance of maintaining high standards during a time of transition.
Hung, D., Chen, V., & Lim, S. H. (2009).
Unpacking the hidden efficacies of learning in productive failure (Links to an external site.)
. Learning Inquiry, 3(1), 1-19. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
· This article provides a detailed review of productive failure from the angles of productive-nonproductive, success and failure, and a self-regulatory process.
Kraaijenbrink, J. (2021, April 13).
Why your mission and vision statements don’t work (And what to do about it) (Links to an external site.)
. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeroenkraaijenbrink/2021/04/13/why-your-mission-and-vision-statements-dont-work-and-what-to-do-about-it/?sh=487aa5dc34e2
· This article explains how organizational vision and mission statements are misconceived and how organizations can correctly create and utilize them.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
Langley, A., Smallman, C., Tsoukas, H., & Van De Ven, A. H. (2013).
Process studies of change in organization and management: Unveiling temporality, activity, and flow. (Links to an external site.)
Academy Of Management Journal, 56(1), 1-13. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
· This article focuses on the process of change and how and why things develop, emerge, grow or end over a period of time.