CHAPTER 9 ASSIGNMENT-HR MANAGEMENT
PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ATTACHED IN THE TEMPLATE. VIDEO LINK AND MORE INFO ATTACHED. AT LEAST ONE PAGE PLEASE. THANK YOU 🙂
Assignment #9 – Chapter 9
Please answer these questions to the best of your ability using the information that you gathered from reading
the chapter, along with information from your own work experience.
The following questions all go together. They are to be answered sequentially. Refer back to your answers for
the previous questions when answering the next question.
1. Look up some sample Internet usage policies and make up YOUR OWN (not copied from someone else’s
website) as if you were an HR manager for a bank. Make it sufficiently detailed as to cover general Internet use,
email use, online shopping, Skype usage, restricted websites, time allotted per day for recreational browsing,
2. How would you monitor such activity? If you would use monitoring software, do some research and please
include a brand name and a brief summary of features (in your own words).
3. March Madness begins and one of your best employees has been watching basketball games off and on all
day in a minimized browser on his computer. It doesn’t appear to be disrupting the flow of his work, but a
couple of the other employees are complaining that it’s not fair for him to watch basketball all day when they
have to work. When you confront him, he says that it’s not a big deal because he’s able to get his work done
easily and still keep an eye on the game and he tells you to get off of his back. What is your response?
4. The next day, the same thing happens with the same employee. You mention something to him, and he says
that there are lots of other banks in town that would welcome his skills. What is your response?
5. The day after that, the employee doesn’t show up to work and sends you an email that he is taking a job at a
bank down the street. The general manager comes up to you and says, “That internet policy just cost us our best
customer service representative. You couldn’t have cut him some slack?” What is your response?