Reaction Paper #2: The War in Ukraine
On Feb. 24, 2022, Russia sent its army into Ukraine and began trying to take over the country by force. About 2 million Ukrainians have fled their country. Ukrainian cities are being bombarded indiscriminately and hundreds of military personnel and civilians have lost their lives in the 15 days since the conflict started. The United States and European countries are trying to find the best possible solution to help put an end to this conflict. One of them is for NATO (the North Atlantic Treaty Organization which is an international alliance composed of 30 members from Europe, North America, and Asia) to establish a NO-FLY ZONE over Ukraine.
Note: This option can change at any time in the following weeks as you are doing your paper.
Establishing a no-fly zone is more complex than what you may think. Do some research about this issue and answer the following questions:
Part I. What are the advantages of establishing a no-fly zone over Ukraine? Explain why.
Part II. What are the disadvantages of establishing a no-fly zone over Ukraine? Explain why.
Part III. What is your opinion about this issue? What should the United States and European countries do to help end this conflict? Explain your answer.
· Your paper must be at least 1 ½ pages long (maximum 2 ½ pages). Do not waste space.
· Times New Roman, size 12, 1-inch margins all around, double-spaced.
· You must use at least 2 reliable sources to support your answers and they must be identified properly in the body of your paper and in the Reference page.
· You must use in-text quotations, but do not overdo it. You must use your own words in at least 85% of your paper.
· Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
· Include a References page (APA style) Not to be counted as a page.
· Write your name in the first line. Do not write my name, the class number, and the date. They are not necessary in this assignment.
· Your paper must be submitted in D2L using Microsoft Word or pdf. Do not use .pages or zip files or any other format.
· Use complete college-level sentences.
· Pay attention to the length of each of your paragraphs and the indentation of each paragraph.
· Use good spelling, grammar, punctuation, and pay attention to your word choice.
· Do not use contractions.
· Make sure what you are saying flows and makes sense. Avoid repetition.