All info on attachment
500 word formal analysis APA no plagiarism. Include EVERY term below- NOT a research paper you don’t need to do additional research look at each painting and use the terms below to describe how EACH applies
In the first paragraph, called the introduction, you will include:
· An identification of the work of art you selected: The name of the artist, title (which is underlined or italicized every time you use the title in your paper), date, and medium.
· Your initial interpretation of the subject based on your initial observations.
1. Line: what types of lines do you see in the piece? Provide examples.
2. Shape: what types of shapes do you see? Provide examples.
3. Mass: How is mass implied?
4. Space: How is the illusion of space created in the piece?
5. Time and Motion: Are time and motion evident in tis piece? How so?
6. Light: How is light used here?
7. Color: How does the artist use color?
8. Texture: How does the artist create the illusion of texture, or incorporate actual texture
Principles of Design
1. Unity and Variety: In what way is this piece unified and how is variety integrated.
2. Balance: how is the piece balanced and how does the artist accomplish this.
3. Emphasis and Subordination: What is the focal point and how is it emphasized?
4. Directional Forces: what leads our attention to the area of emphasis?
5. Contrast: Are elements that are strongly different? Consider colors and value also.
6. Repetition and Rhythm: What elements repeat in the composition
7. Scale and Proportion: Consider the relationships between things and their size
Need one paper on EACH painting below 500 words
· Circle of Diego Quispe Tito. The Virgin of Carmel Saving Souls in Purgatory. Late 17th century.
· Henri Matisse. Large Reclining Nude. 1935.
· Faith Ringgold. Tar Beach. 1988.
· Henry Ossawa Tanner. The Banjo Lesson. 1893.
· Andy Warhol. Marilyn Diptych. 1962.