MODULE 1.3 – Discussion
- Click and read the Case Study below and post answers.
- Answers must:
- Be 100 words or more
- Use the stand English grammar and spelling
- References are cited (if necessary)
NUR4636 – Community Health Nursing
Evidence-Based Practice and Ethics in Community Health
The student nurse starts the day with the community health nurse with a discussion
about the implementation of evidence-based practice. The nurse reviews with the
student the importance of including appropriate research and evidence-based
practice principles each day during the daily visits. The community health nurse
emphasizes the importance of looking at one’s own values since the student nurse
will encounter various individuals in the community health setting. The community
health nurse asks the student nurse to review the key human values that influence
a client’s health.
1. The community health nurse asks the student nurse to explain what is
involved in evidence-based practice. What are the necessary steps in the
process of evidence-based practice that the nurse should include in the
discussion with the community health nurse?
2. What does implementation of evidence-based practice enable the community
health nurse to do in the community?
3. Research has what significant impact on community health and nursing
4. Values and ethical principles strongly influence community health nursing
practice and ethical decision-making. What function do values hold in clinical
practice in the community health setting?
5. What three human values influence client health that the community health
nurse must consider?