New Doc 2 Topic: Bullying and Suicide among teenagers. Research Paper Instructions
Note: the research paper is exactly like the argumentative essay, but it is longer and it adds
• Write a 4-5 page long research paper.
• Include a clear thesis sentence and a preview sentence in your introductory paragraph. You
can include additional sentences as well.
• Add information from websites or printed books, etc., (as evidence) to help support your
ideas. Cite them properly as in-text citations (using the MLA guidelines).
• Write a Works Cited page at the end of your paper on a separate page (using the MLA
guidelines). Format all entries using hanging indents in Word (in the Paragraph dialog box
>Special >Hanging Indents) and in Apple Pages (in the Layout tab >Indents >First Line 0
and all lines below >Left 5).
• Make your research paper looks exactly like the other student examples on Brightspace
(e.g., one on school uniforms and another on immigrants).
• Use the MLA Guidelines handout uploaded to help you type up your in-text citations and
your Works Cited page properly. Perdue University’s Online Writing Lab website also has
good information and examples about how to properly type up your in-text citations and
your Works Cited page.