of the following “Encore Presentations” from the NEI website to watch**:
1. Diagnosis and Treatment of Postpartum Depression (Presenter: Rona Hu, MD)
2. Counting Sheep: Improving the Recognition and Management of Insomnia (Presenter: Jade Wu, PhD, DBSM)
2. Address the following questions/prompts:
1. Describe 3 points/concepts you learned from the presentation (include details for each concept)
2. Discuss 2 things you found particularly interesting from the presentation
3. Identify 1 question you still have about the presentation content
· This question can be specific or broad, but should be a reasonable question for a graduate-level student
3. Search the literature for an answer to your question (the question in 2c). Select a peer-reviewed journal article that answers your question (or discusses why there is no answer, if this is the case). Using this article:
1. Summarize the answer to your question
1. Discuss how this information is applicable to your future practice. (You may use more than one article, though it is not required).
**To locate the videos, access your account on the NEI website. Click “My NEI” on the gray toolbar that runs horizontal across the page. Then, go to “Congress Encore Presentations.” There is a Search button in the top right of the screen.
DUE DATE: This assignment should be submitted to Canvas no later than Thursday @ 23:59 EST.
Your assignment will be graded according to the rubric. Please note: with the rubric, one should not expect a 100% score unless there is no opportunity for improvement.
This article is not nursing specific but discusses how to read an article:
· Art of reading a journal article: Methodically and effectively
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3687192/ (Links to an external site.)
· Subramanyam R. (2013). Art of reading a journal article: Methodically and effectively. J Oral Maxillofac Pathol.,17(1):65-70. doi:10.4103/0973-029X.110733.
CONTENT: Meets Expectations
Provides detailed responses to all questions/prompts, including the use of appropriate references, demonstrating the integration of material into a coherent narrative. (Includes 3 concepts learned, 2 interesting concepts, 1 relevant question).
KNOWLEDGE: Composes well developed summary of peer reviewed article that fully addresses all aspects of proposed question. Demonstrates insight and engagement with phenomena when discussing applicability to future practice.
FORMAT: Demonstrates thorough preparation, synthesis and meets scholarly expectations. Brings appropriate outside materials into the assignment. Meets the deadline as outlined by course requirements. Includes in text citations and references using APA format.