Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapters 5 and 6 from our textbook along with the instructor guidance. Choose one of the following case studies for the topic of your initial post: Magnolia Hospital’s Strategic Issues
Download Magnolia Hospital’s Strategic Issuesor Avalon Organization’s Strategic Issues
Download Avalon Organization’s Strategic Issues.
Below is the strategic alternative method you are assigned to complete in your initial post.
Competitive Strategy: The organization differentiates itself from other organizations through higher quality care, unique services, or environmental experience that patients cannot get elsewhere.
· First letter of last name: A, D, I, J, O, P, S, V, Y
In your initial post, address the following:
· Identify the title of the case study you are addressing at the top of your discussion post.
· Develop a strategic alternative for the case study based on your assigned topic.
· If you are assigned adaptive strategy, you will recommend increasing or decreasing the size of the organization, supported with your reasoning.
· If you are assigned market entry strategy, you will recommend expanding through purchasing new buildings that will offer additional services or identify another type of health care organization with which the HSO from the case study can enter an alliance, supported with your reasoning.
· If you are assigned competitive strategy, you will recommend increasing quality of care, new services, or environmental changes that increase the patient’s perception of comfort and care, supported with your reasoning.
· Describe the possible benefits as well as challenges that may occur with your alternative strategy.
Your initial post must be at least 250 words and must use a minimum of two credible sources to support your discussion content. The supporting resources can be the textbook as well as the required or recommended resources provided in this course, University of Arizona Global Campus Library, or credible websites.
Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. All referenced materials must include citations and references in APA format. Please see directions for including APA Style elements on these Writing Center pages:
APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) and
APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.).